Introduction an Scope
Who we are?
RAR Holding is a holding company incorporated in 1981, who controls, directly or indirectly, all of the Group’s shareholdings, and whose main functions are to define the Group’s strategies and generic guidelines and to manage the business portfolio and capital allocation, as well as ensuring certain specialised supporting services.
A RAR Holding as a data controller
Your personal data will be processed by RAR Holding, with headquarters at Rua do Passeio Alegre, 624, in Oporto, VAT number PT 501256083, phone number +351 226 190 550.
RAR Holding is responsible for your personal data (and the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (or “GDPR”) that RAR Holding collects from or about you.
How do we use your personal information?
RAR Holding only processes personal data whenever necessary to comply with legal obligations that apply to us, or such processing operation is necessary for the execution of a contract or pre-contractual procedures associated with it.
RAR Holding may also handle information if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, provided that in each case our interest is in accordance with applicable law, and the rights of the data subject. This may occur, in particular, for communication with our clients; recruitment and enrolment of employees; provision of information about the developed activities and offered services by RAR Holding.
Should none of the other lawful basis be able to support the data processing operation, RAR Holding will only process the information if we have obtained the consent of the data subject to process your personal data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
Sharing and transfer of personal data
RAR Holding shares data with third parties, under the law, due to cooperation duties, including, but not limited to, the Tax Authority and Social Security.
RAR Holding may also transfer data to entities providing services that act exclusively under its guidance or support, and that respect technical and organizational measures equivalent to those to which it is obliged.
How long is your personal data retained?
RAR Holding implements and assures the maintenance of adequate protection means, in order that its internal procedures related to personal data security are in accordance with the existing regulation. RAR Holding also endeavors on the necessary efforts to assure that any collaborating third party, in the quality of partners or service providers, assures an adequate protection of the personal data that they may access. RAR Holding limits the access to your personal data to specific company employees, and only whenever their contact with such personal data is justifiable, in the context of their functions.
RAR Holding will take the necessary measures to ensure the safe processing of your personal data. In particular, we will take precautionary measures to protect any personal data against losses or abuses and will also use security procedures to prevent non-authorized accesses to that personal data.
Rights regarding your personal data
At any time, the data subject may:
- Request access to personal information - You have right to access personal information which RAR Holding holds about you.
- Request rectification of personal information - You have a right to request RAR Holding to correct your personal information where it is inaccurate or out of date.
- Request to be forgotten - You have the right under certain circumstances to have your personal information erased. Your information can only be erased if your data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and RAR Holding has no other legal ground for processing the data; if you have opposed to processing and there are no prevailing legitimate interests justifying said processing; or you have withdrawn your consent for the processing (in cases where the processing is based on consent) and there is no other lawful basis for such processing.
- Request restrict processing - You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, but only whereas:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow RAR Holding to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but RAR Holding still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
- Object to processing - You have the right to object the processing of your personal information at any time, but only whereas that processing has RAR Holding’s legitimate interests as its legal basis. If you raise an objection, RAR Holding has an opportunity to demonstrate that has compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
Data subjects may, at any time, exercise their rights or withdrawing consent, through the e-mail address: email@example.com or by letter to the postal address Rua do Passeio Alegre, 624, 4169-002 Oporto.
You also have the right to submit a complaint to the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD), through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org